Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Day after Columbus Day!

Happy day after Columbus Day!! Did everyone have a relaxing weekend? I had a great time! Some of it was working, as you can see, but most of it was spent just watching tv and doing a little shopping for groceries, that sort of thing.

I have to tell you, I was SO glad to see that so many of you posted on my blog last week! It was such a pleasant surprise. I hope you will continue to talk to me. I would love to hear your ideas about what you would like to see and things you would like me to do!

A'Donte and Ahmad, thank you for the greeting and the good wishes! I AM doing great and having a fun time with Grandma Pat.

Reyna, thank you for the encouragement! It is sometimes scary to try new things and it is helpful when friends support you. I bet you know the feelling!

Tyson and Christopher! I am so glad you are enjoying my travels and feel like I am doing well in my work. It is great to be appreciated! I am hoping that I can show you all new places and help you learn about the world you live in!

Ingrid, you did awesome with your writing! And thank you for the compliment on my suit. Because it is a firemans suit, it is hot and heavy, but that is what a fireman has to do!

Deyona and Emily, I think you guys are funny with your :)'s..LOL! I am definitely :) :) :)!!!

Deshawn, you will be glad to know El Paso is not burning with fires. That is a relief to know isn't it. Ms. Paradise can go to http://www.fema.gov/ and find the map of where all the fires are and put it up on the smartboard for you to see (if she has time, I know you have a busy busy teaching day!)

This weekend, I went back out to Bastrop, the county that burned SO badly. I helped pass out water  and masks to people who were out at their burned homes cleaning up. They really appreciated the water and some were not wearing masks and were grateful to know we had some so they could protect their health! It is always a good feeling to help your community.

Tuesday is back to work! I like to tease and it will be a good teasing day since OU beat Texas SO badly on Saturday! I also have to help look for Jiggles, my frog friend. He disappeared on Friday. We think he is just off having some adventures around town, but we had not heard from him yet. We will have to get serious about looking for him on Tuesday if he has not returned. I'll let you know.

Thank you again for writing to me and I am looking forward to many more!

Gilbert

12 comments:

  1. Hi gilbert sorry i spell my name not tyson its T.J. and Tyshon so have fun tesx me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still : )? I bet you are still : )! Well I hope your still : ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi gilbert are you haveing fun on your adadventures are you am still sad that max gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gilbert I was mad about Texas loosing but it's ok we will get Ou next year LoL *************************** ::))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gilbert & jiggles i like your football outfit are you a boomer or sooner or a ou because i like boomer sooner and ou did you beat the Texas did you do you have Decripsion if you do I talk alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gilbert are you happy that sowner win i hop you are and have a good day and happy day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gilbert i bet it was sad when you lost two of your friends but i bet will find them:):(:(:(:):(!!!!!!!!! lol witch also means lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Gilbert and jiggles my name is Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gilbert i hope you had a fun weekand whaching OU vs the cowboyes on tv.Did you just do fire work? Did you do diferent work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. good job helping out puiting out fires and helping poeple that need the help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi.i need you to go for texas i bet you will said no but it is all right you will go for texas one day .

    ReplyDelete
  12. how are you doing are you haveing fun becuse wein I sall you in a happy birtheday sote but I thinck it was because it was your birtheday well did you see my flat stanly hay grat job doing all that warck that was so good good good good good warck you have put out a fire and you had a birthday so you must are haveing lots of fun I see that you have the frog with you to day I just hope you are haveing lots and lots and lots and lots of fun well by gilbert.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Please remember you are writing for an elementary school audience.