Thursday, October 6, 2011

Whew! What a week!

As you can see, I am now back in the office. I haven't even had time to change. There was another big fire in Bastrop County and all the fireman were "hands on deck" to keep it from burning down anymore homes! We had lots of big airplanes flying over and dumping fire retardant (oh, there is another vocabulary word!) on the fires to slow it down and get it stopped. Fortunately, it is working and I was able to come back to learn something else VERY important.
Today, I had to learn the Federal Emergancy Management Agency (FEMA) MISSION STATEMENT. Ms. Paradise will explain to you what a Mission Statement is. This is FEMA's:
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Wow, that is alot to memorize for a little bear like me, but I am working on it! And lots of new words for you!  FEMA works very hard to keep me safe when bad things happen, I am going to work very hard to help them and to learn what they do and what I can do to help them!

Now, once Ms. Paradise tells you more about a mission statement. I would like to hear back from YOU and I would like you to think about YOUR mission statement is for you 3rd grade school year. Can you do that? Give it a try..I know you can..it doesn't have to be long. Once sentence will do!

Now, I am going to rest, because I am sure you are aware this is a BIG game this weekend and I have to rest up to support my team! I am looking forward to hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Please remember you are writing for an elementary school audience.